Are you searching for how to change your location in Google Chrome? When you launch a Chrome browser, it automatically employs Geolocation services that can pinpoint where you’re located. This is used for various purposes, including enabling you to use map services, tagging social media posts with your location, and serving targeted ads based on where you are at a given time.
How to Change Your Location in Google Chrome
When it comes to finding a business or restaurant when you need it most, sharing your location is an essential feature to enable on Google Chrome. On Google Chrome you can customize your location sharing options, including the option to manually approve or deny every time a website or app wants to access your location. There are plenty of situations in which you would prefer to hide your location and even change it, such as when you want to access geo-restricted content or simply maintain your privacy.
One of the easiest ways for Firefox, Chrome, and any other online service to tell where you are located is through your IP address. This is a unique set of digits that identifies each computer connected to the internet. Part of the IP address can be used to determine your location. As such, masking your real IP address and replacing it with another one can spoof your location, making it appear that you’re located somewhere else.
Checkout: How to Get Facebook Dating App Free
How to change Google Location on iPhone
Here are the steps on how to change Google location on iPhone:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap on Chrome.
- Tap on a location and select your location.
- Select from either never or ask next time or while using.
That’s it. Your location will be changed.
How to Change Google Location on Android
Here are the steps on how to change Google location on Android:
- Open the Chrome app on your Android device.
- Tap on the three dots icon in the top right corner and select setting from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll and tap on “site settings” and then tap on location.
- Clasp location to “blocked” or ask before allowing sites to know your location.
These are the steps on how to change Google’s location on Android.
How to Change Google Location on Desktop
Here are the steps on how to change Google location on your desktop:
- Open Google Chrome on your desktop.
- Click on the three dots in the top right corner of your screen then tap on “settings” on the drop-down menu.
- Clicks are advanced in the left-hand menu and then click on privacy and security.
- Click on settings.
- Click on location.
Click the toggle next to Ask before access, switch to block, which will block all websites from accessing your location. When asked before accessing is enabled the toggle will turn blue; when blocked is enabled the toggle will turn gray. That’s it.