Call Center Representative Job in USA With Visa Sponsorship. Do you need a job in call Center in US and you are ready to relocate? If yes, then you must read this article to the end. In this content you will find all the information you will need to achieve your dream of immigrating to the US as a call center representative.
Call Center Representative Job in USA With Visa Sponsorship
Many US companies and organizations are currently in need of people who can take up the call center representative job position. Before you move further to apply for the call center representative job, learn more about the job in the sections below.
Who Is a Call Center Representative?
A Call Center Representative, or Call Center Agent is someone who takes calls from customers answering questions or addressing any concerns they may have. Their role include handling many inbound and outbound calls to and from customers, listening to customers needs or issues and providing helpful solutions to their problems.
What Is a Call Center Representative Job?
A Call Center Representative Job is a type of work where someone is employed to take calls from customers answering questions or addressing any concerns they may have.
A Call Centre representative work in a call center setting surrounded by other call center employees answering customers’ questions and referring them to the necessary resources to solve their problems.
They usually follow a script with prepared responses which is based on customer’s questions and replies. However, after working closely with the customers to resolve their issues, some Call Center Representatives may try to sell additional products that may benefit the customers and may receive additional compensation for this sale.
Most Call Center Representatives are responsible for keeping records of information received in conversations and log it into the call center database.
Types of Positions in a Call Centre Job
Here are positions in Call Center Job;
- Customer Services Director.
- Resource Planning Analyst.
- Quality Analyst.
- Call Centre Agent.
- Team Leader.
- Call Centre Manager.
- Head of the Call Centre.
- Digital Contact Director.
The above are list of Job positions in Call Center
Call Center Representative Jobs Benefits in US
Here are Benefits you may enjoy;
- Health Benefits. On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well
- Wellness Programs
- 401(k) Program
- Additional Benefits, Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
These are some of the benefits you may enjoy working as a Call Center Representative in US.
Companies Hiring Call Center Representative in USA
The following are US Companies hiring call center representatives;
- American Airlines
- American Express
- Leeds Professional Resources
- AAA Northeast
- AGR Group
- Robert Half
- Roth Staffing
- Safelite AutoGlass
These are some of the companies hiring call agents in US
Call Center Representative duties and responsibilities
Call Center Representatives duties may include the following;
- To take customer calls and provide accurate, satisfactory answers to their queries and concerns
- To de-escalate situations involving dissatisfied customers, offering patient assistance and support
- Inform clients and customers about the company’s new products, services and policies
- To guide callers through troubleshooting, navigating the company site or using the products or services
- To review customer or client accounts, providing updates and information about billing, shipping, warranties and other account items
- They work with other call center professionals to improve customer service
- Help to train new staffs and inform them about the company’s customer management policies
These are some of the duties and responsibilities of a call agent.
Call Center Representative skills and qualifications
Call Center Representatives skills and qualifications can include:
- Have good communication, both written and verbal
- Strong active listening skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and rapport building skills
- Have patient and empathetic attitude
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Be comfortable working in fast-paced environments
- Have troubleshooting skills, either basic or advanced, depending on the role and industry
- Be computer literate
- Have phone skills, including familiarity with complex or multi-line phone systems
- In-depth knowledge of a company’s products and/or services
- Be an expert in the customer service area they focus in, such as accounts, sales, technical support or another area
- Be able to speak multiple languages, especially those common among callers.
The above are call center representative skills.
Type of Visa for Call Center Representative Job In USA With Visa Sponsorship
The H-2B nonimmigrant program permits employers to temporarily hire nonimmigrants to perform nonagricultural labor or services in the United States. The employment must be of a temporary nature for a limited period of time such as a one-time occurrence, seasonal need, peak load need or intermittent need.
How to Apply for a Call Center Representative Job In USA With Visa Sponsorship
To apply for this job online do the following;
- Navigate to linkedin job portal at https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/call-center-jobs
- Tap on the Job Link once you find a suitable job
- Click on the Apply button after reading the job description
- Navigate with the onscreen directive to complete the process.
- Upload all required documents
The above are steps on how to apply for call center representative job in US with visa Sponsorship, online.
Call Center Representative Salary In USA
The Pay rate may depend on the level of education, experience and geographical location. However, the average Call Center Representative in the United States is around $33,800, but the range typically falls between $30,400 and $38,700.
What US cities are hiring for CALL Center Representative jobs?
Cities with the most CALL Center Representative job openings:
What US states have the most CALL Center Representative jobs?
States with the most job openings for CALL Center Representative jobs in US are:
- Rhode Island
- North Carolina
- New Jersey
- New York
Are there call centers in the US?
Yes there are. Call centers companies in the U.S. provides flexible schedules and often have remote work options.
How do I get a job as a call center agent?
How to become a call center agent
- Get relevant skills training.
- Evaluate your skills as you plan your resume.
- Design a resume with a focus on your skills.
- Submit applications.
- Complete an interview.
- Continue learning hard skills on the job.